Monday, January 1, 2007

Sunset Musings

The sun has set on 2006 and my thoughts wander and wonder. Where will I be in 2007 ? What will i be doing?

"Giving Back"

Giving back to my family... my wife, my daughter, my sisters, my parents. Giving back the love and care, the sense that i am always there.

Giving back to my community... my friends, my neighbours, my acquaintances. Giving back the shared joys and accommodations, the helping hand, the sense of responsibility and accountability.

Giving back to my country... my fellow citizens, especially the one's whom opportunity has not favoured as much. The women, the children, the old and the unemployed. Give back my time, my experiences, my learnings and a bit of my fortune. Empower, educate, reassure and re-employ.

Giving back to my mother earth.... my environment, my lands, my nature. Giving back the old way, less abuse, less plunder, less greed. Giving back the respect for the natural order, the belief that co-existence is not just about us humans living in harmony but about letting go of the sense that we, as humans, have the right to do what we feel with all that surrounds us.

Om.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

2006 has ended and with it ended a another year another chapter from life...The story is getting better, what will 2007 reveal , got to wait and read on..

Cheers love the articles...makes one stop and reflect..

Deena