Friday, November 1, 2013

Bewra Magic

One night we camped at Bewra on our way to Doditaal. The campsite was next to a basic lodge which was also available to us and we chose to sit on its terrace and enjoy a cuppa. That's when my eye fell on this ball of fur, a bhutia pup, not more that 3 months old.. Bhutias are a ferocious breed of sheep dogs but this pup had none of that ferocity as yet, just a beautiful black nose, two beautiful grey black eyes and a nice thick green grey coat. It stood up, shook himself and looked at me, his head slightly tilted. I clicked my fingers and whistled, and as if on cue he toddled up to me and promptly put is paws into my extended hands and sniffed. My heart melted and i picked him up and brought him close to my face and whispered 'hello, beautiful'.

The next 30 minutes were blissful as i gently ran my fingers through his fur and held him up. I examined his cute paws, his ears, his snout and his bushy tail. Then we played, i swung his around, he licked my fingers, i tickled his nose and he snipped at my finger tips, i catapulted him over my shoulders and he dug his paws into my arms, he yelped and i giggled. At the end of the half hour he looked tired and quietly snuggled into the crook of my arm and peacefully went to sleep.

Souls travel, they say. And if you wish hard enough, they find you. Copper's soul had just found me.....

No comments: